Zarda Rice is a traditional dessert recipe usually served in wedding parties. During Eid Zarda Rice is a must recipe to be cooked. Zarda Rice is cooked in different flavor and different process. Here I have shown a simple way to cook Zarda Rice.
1. Basmati or Pulao rice – As a mention in video
2. Plenty of water to boil the rice upto 75%
3.Cinnamon Stick – 4pcs (optional)
4. Cardimom – 4pcs
5. Bay leaves – 4pcs (optional)
6. Cloves – 6pcs
7. Food color – Half teaspoon yellow
8. Safron – Just a pinch (optional)
9. Oil – Half cup
10. Clarified butter or Ghee – 2 tablespoon
11. Sliced almond and cashew nuts – 1/4cup
12. Sugar – 3cups / 1 cup of brown sugar
13. Milk – 1cup
14. Raisins – 1/4 to 1/2cup
15. Diced pineapple – 1/2cup (optional)
16. Orange pulp – 1/2 cup (optional)
17. Candied fruits or Murabba (optional)
Place the rice in a bowl with water to cover and soak one hour.
Bring a large pot of water to boil with food color and half the cardamom pods. Stir in the rice, reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender, 20 minutes.
In a large skillet over low heat, cook remaining cardamom pods in oil 2 minutes. Stir in cooked, drained rice, and sugar. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cream, raisins, walnuts, almonds and orange zest. Serve warm.
For garnishing use Mawa or Solidified milk, Small sweets.